How To Cook Udon Noodles
All you need to know about: How To Cook Udon Noodles.
– 8 ounces fresh or frozen udon noodles
– 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
– 2 tablespoons mirin
– 1/4 cup water
– 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1/4 cup sliced carrots
– 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
– 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the noodles. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the noodles are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
3. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, white pepper, mirin, and water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
4. Add the mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, and green onions. Simmer for 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the udon noodles and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes until the noodles are heated through.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!