How To Cook Tenderloin
All you need to know about: How To Cook Tenderloin.
1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pat the beef tenderloin dry with paper towels, then brush with olive oil.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the beef tenderloin.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Once melted, add the beef tenderloin to the skillet and sear it on all sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
5. Transfer the beef tenderloin to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, insert an instant-read thermometer into the center of the beef tenderloin. The internal temperature should read 135-140 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare. If the internal temperature is not at the desired temperature, continue to bake until it reaches the desired temperature, checking every few minutes.
7. Once the desired temperature is reached, remove the beef tenderloin from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.