How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
All you need to know about: How To Cook Spaghetti Squash.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is an incredibly versatile vegetable that makes a great alternative to traditional spaghetti. It is low in carbs and calories, high in fiber, and a great source of vitamins and minerals. Spaghetti squash can be cooked in many different ways, but this guide will show you how to cook it in the oven.
– 1 spaghetti squash
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Optional: herbs and spices of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Sprinkle the inside of the squash with salt and pepper, and then brush the inside with olive oil.
4. Place the squash cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the squash is tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
6. Once the squash is done, let it cool for a few minutes before using a fork to scrape the spaghetti-like strands out of the squash.
7. Serve the spaghetti squash with your favorite sauce and toppings.
Tips and Tricks
– You can also roast the spaghetti squash whole. Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C) and bake the squash for about an hour, or until it is tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
– You can also microwave the spaghetti squash. Simply cut it in half, remove the seeds, place it cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish with a few tablespoons of water, and microwave for 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
– If you like the flavor of herbs and spices, you can sprinkle them onto the squash before baking. Some great options include garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley, and rosemary.