How To Cook Rolled Oats
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rolled Oats.
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1 ½ cups of water
– Pinch of salt
1. Bring the 1 ½ cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
2. Once the water is boiling, add a pinch of salt and the rolled oats.
3. Give the oats a stir, reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan.
4. Simmer the rolled oats for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat, uncover and let the oats stand for a few minutes.
6. Serve the rolled oats with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, honey, cinnamon, nuts or seeds.
– For a creamier texture, use more water when cooking the oats.
– You can also use almond or coconut milk instead of water for a richer flavor.
– You can also add spices such as cardamom, nutmeg, or ginger to the oats while cooking.
– For added texture and flavor, stir in some dried fruit or nuts after cooking.
– Rolled oats can also be cooked in a microwave. Simply combine 1 cup of rolled oats with 1 1/2 cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes and let the oats stand for a few minutes before serving.