How To Cook Pheasant
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pheasant.
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup white wine
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse the pheasant inside and out with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the thyme and butter, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Place the pheasant in a large roasting pan. Pour the onion mixture over the pheasant.
6. Pour the white wine over the pheasant. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Cover the roasting pan with foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Remove the foil, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the pheasant is golden brown and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Allow the pheasant to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a salad. Enjoy!