How To Cook Pearl Barley
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pearl Barley.
1 cup pearl barley
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1. Rinse the pearl barley: Place the pearl barley in a fine-mesh sieve or colander. Run cold water over it, stirring with your fingers until the water runs clear, about 1-2 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
2. Bring the broth to a boil: Place the broth in a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Add the pearl barley: Once the broth is boiling, add the pearl barley and stir.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer: Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pearl barley is tender and all of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Serve: Serve warm with your favorite toppings and seasonings. Enjoy!