How To Cook Oxtails
All you need to know about: How To Cook Oxtails.
1-2 lbs Oxtails
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups beef broth
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1. Start by prepping your oxtails. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then season them with salt, pepper, and flour.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the oxtails to the pot and brown them on all sides.
3. Once the oxtails are browned, remove them from the pot and set aside.
4. Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the smoked paprika, tomato paste, beef broth, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and white wine. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer.
6. Add the oxtails back to the pot, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for about 2 hours, until the oxtails are fork-tender.
7. When the oxtails are cooked, remove them from the pot and set aside.
8. To thicken the sauce, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl.
9. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pot and stir together. Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes, until it has thickened.
10. To serve, place the oxtails onto a plate and spoon the sauce over them. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!