How To Cook Oatmeal On Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Oatmeal On Stove.
1. Measure 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of liquid (water or milk) into a medium-sized pot.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring regularly.
3. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, and let the oatmeal simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Add sweetener, spices, and/or fruit, if desired.
5. Remove the pot from the heat, cover with a lid, and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Use quick cooking oats or steel cut oats for a quicker cooking time.
• Try adding different flavors such as cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, brown sugar, honey, or dried fruit.
• If you prefer a creamier texture, add more liquid and simmer for a few minutes longer.
• For a more filling meal, add nuts or seeds such as chia, flax, or hemp.
• If you prefer a thinner consistency, add additional liquid after the oatmeal is cooked.
• Leftover oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.