How To Cook Dumplings
All you need to know about: How To Cook Dumplings.
– 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup boiling water
– 1/4 cup cold water
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and salt.
2. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the boiling water and cold water.
3. Use a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 1/8-inch thickness.
6. Cut the dough into circles using a biscuit cutter or a glass.
7. Place a teaspoon of filling in the center of each circle.
8. Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges to seal the dumpling.
9. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
10. Place the dumplings in the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
11. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add 1/4 cup of water to the pan.
12. Cover the skillet and steam the dumplings for 4 to 5 minutes, until the filling is cooked through.
13. Remove the dumplings from the skillet and serve hot.