How To Cook Duck
All you need to know about: How To Cook Duck.
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 duck (3-4 pounds)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 onions, chopped
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 2 stalks of celery, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 cup of white wine
• 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 cups of chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the duck with salt and pepper. Place the duck in the skillet skin side down and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crisp.
4. Flip the duck over and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove the duck from the skillet and set aside.
6. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
7. Add the white wine, balsamic vinegar, thyme leaves, and bay leaves to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add the chicken stock to the skillet and bring to a boil.
9. Place the duck back in the skillet, skin side up.
10. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for 45-60 minutes, or until the duck is cooked through.
11. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the duck rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!