How To Cook Deer Backstrap
All you need to know about: How To Cook Deer Backstrap.
2-3 lb deer backstrap
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the deer backstrap to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the backstrap is lightly browned.
5. Remove the backstrap from the skillet and place it on a baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle the backstrap with salt and black pepper, then place it in the preheated oven.
7. Bake the backstrap for 10-12 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
8. Remove the backstrap from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!