How To Cook Chickpeas
All you need to know about: How To Cook Chickpeas.
– 2 cups of dried chickpeas
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, oregano or rosemary (optional)
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight in a large bowl covered with several inches of water.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
5. Add the chickpeas and stir to coat in the oil and garlic.
6. Add enough water to cover the chickpeas by 1-2 inches.
7. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
8. Simmer for 45-60 minutes, until the chickpeas are tender.
9. Add the herbs, if using, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve warm.