How To Cook A Turnip
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Turnip.
1. Begin by washing and peeling the turnip. Cut off both ends before proceeding.
2. Cut the turnip into cubes, slices, or wedges, depending on what kind of dish you’re making.
3. Place the turnip pieces in a pot and cover with water.
4. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer the turnip for 15-20 minutes or until it is soft and easily pierced with a fork.
6. Drain the turnip and serve hot. You can also mash it or add it to salads, soups, and other dishes.
Tips and Tricks:
– Add a tablespoon of butter or olive oil to the pot while boiling to add extra flavor and moisture to the turnip.
– Add some herbs or spices to the boiling water to add extra flavor.
– If you’re using the turnip in a salad, you can also roast it in the oven for a more complex flavor.
– Boiling the turnip in broth is a great way to add extra flavor.
– If you’re making a soup, add the turnip pieces to the soup near the end of the cooking time so they don’t get too soft.