How To Cook Bagels
All you need to know about: How To Cook Bagels.
– 4 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1-1/2 cups warm water
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– Optional: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc.
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar.
2. Pour in the warm water and stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Add in the vegetable oil and knead for about 10 minutes, or until the dough is soft and smooth.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise for about 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
6. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then poke a hole in the center with your finger.
7. Place the bagels on a greased baking sheet and brush with a beaten egg. Sprinkle with your desired toppings, such as sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
8. Bake the bagels for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Cool and enjoy!