How To Cook A Turkey In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Turkey In The Oven.
Preparing the Turkey
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Remove the turkey from its packaging and rinse the turkey inside and out with cold water.
3. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
4. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
5. Rub the turkey with salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice.
Cooking the Turkey
1. Place the turkey in the oven.
2. Roast the turkey for 2-3 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F.
3. Baste the turkey with its own juices every 30 minutes.
4. Once the turkey is done cooking, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Carving the Turkey
1. Place the turkey on a cutting board.
2. Remove the wings and legs by cutting at the joints.
3. Separate the breast meat from the bones.
4. Slice the breast meat into thin slices.
5. Serve the turkey with your favorite sides.