How To Cook A Turkey In A Bag
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Turkey In A Bag.
Ingredients Needed To Cook A Turkey In A Bag:
-1 turkey (10-12 pounds)
-1 oven roasting bag
-1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1/4 teaspoon of pepper
-1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Instructions To Cook A Turkey In A Bag:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. Place the oven roasting bag in a roasting pan.
3. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
4. Place the turkey in the oven roasting bag and close the bag with the tie provided.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
6. Rub the oil mixture over the outside of the turkey.
7. Place the roasting pan in the oven and cook for approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165°F (74°C).
8. Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips For Cooking A Turkey In A Bag:
– Make sure to keep an eye on the temperature of the turkey while it is cooking.
– If the turkey is browning too quickly, you can cover it with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
– If the turkey is not browning, you can turn up the oven temperature to 375°F (191°C).