How To Cook A Thanksgiving Turkey
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Thanksgiving Turkey.
1 (10 to 12 pound) turkey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons herbs de Provence
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Remove the giblets, neck, and any other parts from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey inside and out, then pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place the turkey in a roasting pan and rub the olive oil all over the outside of the bird.
4. In a small bowl, combine the herbs de Provence, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, paprika, and salt. Sprinkle this mixture all over the turkey, making sure to get it into the crevices of the turkey.
5. Rub the butter all over the outside of the turkey.
6. Place the turkey in the oven and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F.
7. Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!