How To Cook Thick Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook Thick Steak.
– Steak, at least 1″ thick
– Salt and pepper
– Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the steak.
3. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Add the steak to the skillet and sear for about 1-2 minutes on each side until the steak has a nice brown crust.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and spoon the butter over the steak.
6. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook for about 8-10 minutes for medium-rare steak. For a medium steak, cook for about 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!