How To Cook The Best Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook The Best Steak.
1. Begin by selecting a high quality steak. Look for steaks that have a deep, rich red color and that feel firm to the touch.
2. Pat the steak dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This will ensure that the steak sears properly and locks in the flavor.
3. Generously season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet, such as a cast iron, over medium-high heat.
5. Add a tablespoon of oil to the skillet and swirl it around to evenly coat the surface.
6. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the steak to the skillet.
7. Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes per side, or until it reaches the desired doneness.
8. Once the steak is cooked, remove it from the skillet and transfer it to a cutting board.
9. Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
• For an even better steak, try marinating it in a flavorful mixture of oil, garlic, herbs, and spices for at least an hour before cooking.
• If you want to add some extra flavor to your steak, try brushing it with a compound butter just before serving.
• If you have a thermometer, you can use it to check the internal temperature of the steak to ensure it’s cooked to your desired doneness.