How To Cook T-Bone Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook T-Bone Steak.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take the T-bone steak out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes. This will ensure that the steak cooks evenly.
3. Rub the steak with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat until it is almost smoking.
5. Place the steak in the skillet and cook it for about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook the steak for 10-12 minutes, or until the desired degree of doneness is reached.
7. Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
1. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. The internal temperature should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare.
2. Letting the steak rest for 5 minutes before serving will help to keep it juicy and tender.
3. If you do not have a large skillet, you can also cook the steak in the oven using a baking sheet.