How To Cook Steak Medium Rare
All you need to know about: How To Cook Steak Medium Rare.
-1 (1-inch thick) steak of your choice (such as ribeye, sirloin, or tenderloin)
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rub the steak with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Place the steak on a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. Flip the steak over and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
5. Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Cut into the steak to check the internal temperature. For medium rare, the internal temperature should be 130-135°F.
7. Slice the steak into thin slices and serve.
-Letting the steak rest after cooking helps to seal in the juices.
-If you don’t have a thermometer, look for a slightly firm texture. The steak should be slightly brown on the outside and pink in the middle.
-Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the steak.