How To Cook Steak In Cast Iron Skillet
All you need to know about: How To Cook Steak In Cast Iron Skillet.
1. 2 (1-inch thick) steaks of your choice
2. 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3. Salt and pepper
4. 1 clove of garlic (optional)
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet over high heat for at least 5 minutes.
2. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Add the vegetable oil to the skillet and carefully place the steaks in the hot oil.
4. If desired, add a clove of garlic to the skillet for added flavor.
5. Cook the steaks for about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare (or longer for desired doneness).
6. Remove the steaks from the skillet and let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
1. Make sure to use a high heat when cooking the steaks to get that perfect sear.
2. Letting the steaks rest after cooking will help keep them juicy and tender.
3. To check the doneness of the steak, use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature. Medium-rare is around 130-135˚F, medium is 140-145˚F, and medium-well is 150-155˚F.