How To Cook Steak In An Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Steak In An Oven.
• 2 steaks of your choice (ribeye, New York strip, or sirloin)
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Take the steaks out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature before cooking. This will help them cook evenly.
3. Rub the steaks with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the steaks to the skillet.
5. Sear the steaks for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until they are browned.
6. Add the butter, garlic, and thyme to the skillet. Swirl the pan to coat the steaks with the butter.
7. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
8. Roast the steaks for about 10 minutes for medium rare, or 12 minutes for medium.
9. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
• Make sure to use an oven-safe skillet for this recipe.
• Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steaks. Medium rare should be 135°F and medium should be 145°F.
• Resting the steaks after cooking is important as it helps the steak retain its juices.