How To Cook Sirloin Steak In A Pan
All you need to know about: How To Cook Sirloin Steak In A Pan.
1. 1 (1-inch thick) sirloin steak
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4. 2 tablespoons butter, divided
5. 2 cloves garlic, minced
6. 2 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Place the steak on a plate and pat it dry with paper towels. Season both sides of the steak generously with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the steak and cook until it’s golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon of butter and the garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Turn the steak over and add the remaining butter and the thyme sprigs. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
5. Transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.