How To Cook Round Steak On The Stovetop
All you need to know about: How To Cook Round Steak On The Stovetop.
– 1-2 lbs. round steak
– 2 tablespoons of butter or oil
– 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add butter or oil to the skillet, and then add the round steak.
3. Sear the steak on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side, until browned and slightly crispy.
4. Add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine ingredients.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet with a lid.
6. Allow the steak to cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping the steak over halfway through cooking.
7. Remove the lid and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, or until steak is cooked to desired doneness.
8. Remove the steak from the skillet and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
– If the steak is thicker than 1-inch, you may need to increase the cooking time.
– You can also add other herbs and spices to the skillet, such as rosemary, oregano, paprika, or red pepper flakes.
– You can also add 1/4 cup of red wine or beef broth to the skillet while the steak is cooking.
– If you prefer a sauce, you can make a quick pan sauce by adding 1/4 cup of beef broth to the skillet after the steak is cooked, and then reduce the liquid by half before serving.