How To Cook Ribeye Steak On Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Ribeye Steak On Stove.
1 ribeye steak, 1-inch thick
Salt and pepper, to season
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Start by patting the steak dry with a paper towel.
2. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes until it’s very hot.
4. Add the olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
5. Carefully place the steak in the middle of the pan.
6. Cook steak for 3-5 minutes on each side. This will depend on the thickness of your steak.
7. Once the steak is browned on one side, flip it and cook the other side.
8. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
• Use a meat thermometer to accurately measure the internal temperature of the steak. Ribeye steak should be cooked to medium-rare, or an internal temperature of 135°F (56°C).
• Do not press down with a spatula or fork during cooking as this will draw out the juices.
• Cut into the steak to check for doneness. The center should be slightly pink.