How To Cook Ribeye Steak In Cast Iron Skillet
All you need to know about: How To Cook Ribeye Steak In Cast Iron Skillet.
1. Prepare the steak: Take your ribeye steak out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Pat the steak dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat your cast iron skillet: Preheat your cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Season the steak: Generously season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Add oil to the skillet: Add a tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
5. Place steak in the skillet: Place the steak in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Flip the steak: Flip the steak and cook for another 3 minutes.
7. Reduce the temperature: Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping the steak every minute or so.
8. Check the internal temperature: Check the internal temperature of the steak with an instant-read thermometer. For medium-rare, the temperature should be 130°F.
9. Let the steak rest: Transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
• Make sure the steak is at room temperature before cooking.
• Season the steak generously with salt and pepper.
• Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak.
• Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
• For a medium-rare steak, cook for a total of 10-11 minutes.
• For a medium steak, cook for a total of 12-13 minutes.
• For a well-done steak, cook for a total of 14-15 minutes.