How To Cook Rare Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rare Steak.
How to Cook Rare Steak
Cooking a perfect steak requires precision and patience, but the reward is a delicious, juicy, and tender cut of meat. If you’re looking to cook a rare steak to perfection, follow these simple steps.
– 1 steak, such as rib-eye, sirloin, or filet mignon
– Salt and pepper
– Optional: butter, garlic, herbs, and spices
1. Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
2. Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat a cast-iron skillet, griddle, or grill pan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes before cooking.
4. Add a tablespoon of olive oil or butter to the pan.
5. Place the steak in the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Flip the steak and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, depending on the desired doneness.
7. If using butter, garlic, herbs, or spices, add them to the pan and baste the steak with the oil and fat.
8. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
– Use a thermometer to check the steak’s internal temperature. Rare steak should be 125-130°F.
– Don’t overcrowd the pan when cooking the steak; this will prevent it from cooking evenly.
– Letting the steak rest before eating will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the steak.