How To Cook Ny Strip Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook Ny Strip Steak.
1. Start by prepping the steak. Take the steak out of the fridge 15-20 minutes before cooking and let it come to room temperature. Pat the steak dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy skillet on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or other oil and wait until the oil is hot and starts to shimmer.
3. Place your steak in the pan and leave it alone. Do not touch it or move it around. It should sizzle and start to brown. Depending on the thickness of your steak, cook it for 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping only once.
Testing For Doneness
4. To test for doneness, press lightly with your finger. It should feel firm but still have some give. You can also use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the steak. For medium-rare, it should read 130-135°F. For medium, 135-145°F.
Resting and Serving
5. To ensure even cooking and juiciness, remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!