How To Cook Medium Rare Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook Medium Rare Steak.
– 2 steaks, preferably prime rib or ribeye
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take the steaks out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
3. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and swirl it around the pan.
4. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Place the steaks in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Flip the steaks over and cook for another 3 minutes.
7. Turn the heat to low and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
8. Remove the steaks from the skillet and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
– Make sure to use a high-quality steak for this recipe.
– Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should be about 135-140°F.
– Letting the steaks rest for 5 minutes after cooking allows the juices to settle and prevents them from spilling out when slicing.