How To Cook A Thick Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Thick Steak.
1 thick steak of your choice
2 tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take the steak out of the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for 30 minutes. This will help the steak cook more evenly.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Place the steak in an oven-safe pan and season both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Place the butter on top of the steak.
5. Bake the steak in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, check the internal temperature of the steak using a meat thermometer. The steak is done when the internal temperature is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. When the steak is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
– Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak.
– To get a crispy crust on the outside of your steak, use a cast iron skillet and heat it over medium-high heat on the stove. Sear both sides of the steak for 1-2 minutes before transferring the skillet to the oven.
– If you’d like to add extra flavor to your steak, try adding herbs such as rosemary or thyme to the pan before you put it in the oven.