How To Cook A Steak On The Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Steak On The Stove.
– Steak of your choice (1-2 inches thick)
– Olive oil
1. Preheat your pan on medium-high heat.
2. While the pan is heating, pat the steak dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on both sides of the steak.
4. When the pan is hot, place the steak on the pan.
5. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
6. After 4-5 minutes, flip the steak and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
7. Once the steak is cooked to your desired doneness, remove from the pan and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
8. Slice and serve.
– For a thicker steak, you may need to cook it for longer on each side.
– Letting the steak rest is an important step as it allows the steak to reabsorb its juices.
– Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare.
– If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can also use the finger test. Press the steak with your finger and compare it to the firmness of your palm. A medium-rare steak should feel like the fleshy part of your palm when your thumb and middle finger touch.