How To Cook A Steak On A Skillet
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Steak On A Skillet.
– 1 steak (sirloin, rib eye, or T-bone)
– Olive oil
1. Take the steak out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season it generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until it is smoking hot.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom of the skillet.
5. Place the steak in the skillet and let it cook for 2 minutes undisturbed.
6. Flip the steak and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook the steak for an additional 3-4 minutes per side, flipping the steak every minute.
8. Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.