How To Cook A Steak Medium Rare
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Steak Medium Rare.
What You Will Need:
– A steak of your choice (such as sirloin, rib-eye, or T-bone)
– Olive oil
– A cast iron skillet
– A kitchen thermometer
– An oven
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for several minutes until it is very hot.
4. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and let it heat up for a few seconds.
5. Carefully place the steak in the skillet and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Flip the steak and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
7. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for 4-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak.
8. Remove the skillet from the oven and insert a kitchen thermometer into the center of the steak.
9. The steak is medium rare when the internal temperature is 125°F (52°C).
10. Let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.