How To Cook A Ribeye Steak On The Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Ribeye Steak On The Stove.
1 ribeye steak (1-inch thick)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the steak generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the vegetable oil to the pan and let it heat for about 1 minute.
5. Place the steak in the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Flip the steak over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Check the steak for doneness by pressing it with your finger. If it feels soft and gives easily, it is rare. If it feels slightly firm, it is medium-rare. If it feels firm, it is medium. If it feels very firm, it is well-done.
8. Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.