How To Cook A Medium Rare Steak
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Medium Rare Steak.
– 1 steak of your choice (ribeye, filet mignon, New York strip, etc.)
– 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
– Optional: butter and herbs
1. Take the steak out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes. This will help the steak cook more evenly.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Generously season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the steak to the pan.
5. Sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer the steak to an oven-safe dish and place it in the preheated oven.
7. Roast the steak for about 7 minutes for medium-rare, or until the center reaches 125°F.
8. Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
9. Optional: for added flavor, top the steak with a pat of butter and fresh herbs such as rosemary or thyme before serving.