How To Cook Raw Frozen Shrimp
All you need to know about: How To Cook Raw Frozen Shrimp.
1 lb. of frozen raw shrimp (with or without shells)
2 tbsp. of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Begin by defrosting the shrimp. Place them in a colander and run cold water over them until they’re no longer frozen.
2. Once the shrimp has defrosted, pat them dry with a paper towel.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the shrimp to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Once the shrimp are cooked through, remove the skillet from the heat and serve.
Tips and Tricks
• If you’d like to add additional flavor to your shrimp, feel free to add some lemon juice, parsley, and/or red pepper flakes to the skillet.
• If you’re using shrimp with shells, you may want to remove them before cooking. This will help the shrimp cook faster and more evenly.
• If you’d like to kick up the flavor a notch, you can marinate the shrimp in olive oil, garlic, and your desired seasonings for up to an hour before cooking.
• You can use frozen raw shrimp in any recipe that calls for cooked shrimp. Simply defrost them and cook according to the recipe’s instructions.