How To Cook Boiled Shrimp
All you need to know about: How To Cook Boiled Shrimp.
1 pound of shrimp
3 quarts of water
1/4 cup of salt
1. Begin by pouring the 3 quarts of water into a large pot and bringing it to a boil over high heat.
2. Once the water is boiling, add in the 1/4 cup of salt and stir until it is fully dissolved.
3. Next, add the shrimp to the boiling water and let them cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they are pink and cooked through.
4. Once the shrimp are cooked, turn off the heat and use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the pot.
5. Place the shrimp on a plate and serve hot, or chill in an ice bath before serving.
• If you are using frozen shrimp, make sure to thaw them before cooking.
• To check if the shrimp are cooked, cut one in half and look for an opaque color throughout.
• For extra flavor, you can add a few cloves of garlic, a teaspoon of peppercorns, or a few slices of lemon to the boiling water before adding the shrimp.