How To Cook Turkey In A Roaster
All you need to know about: How To Cook Turkey In A Roaster.
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F.
2. Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey if they are present and then rinse the turkey inside and out. Pat the outside of the turkey dry with paper towels.
3. Place the turkey in the roasting pan, breast side up, and tuck the wing tips under the body of the bird.
4. Rub the turkey with a small amount of butter or olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the lid on the roasting pan, or cover with foil, and place the roasting pan in the preheated oven.
6. Roast the turkey for 3 to 3 1/2 hours if it is unstuffed, or 3 1/2 to 4 hours if it is stuffed.
7. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, making sure not to touch the bone. The internal temperature should reach 165°F.
8. When the turkey is done, remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow the turkey to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
• For a crispier skin, baste the turkey with butter or olive oil every 20 minutes during the last hour of roasting.
• To avoid overbrowning the turkey, cover the skin with a tent of foil during the first 2 hours of roasting.
• Always check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey is cooked through.