How To Cook Prime Rib Roast
All you need to know about: How To Cook Prime Rib Roast.
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Take the prime rib roast out of the refrigerator and let it warm up to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Rub the entire roast with oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the roast in a roasting pan, fat side up.
5. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and continue to roast for 15 minutes per pound for medium-rare (145 degrees F internal temperature) to 18 minutes per pound for medium (160 degrees F internal temperature).
7. Remove the prime rib roast from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 20 minutes before carving.
1. For best results, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast.
2. When roasting, don’t open the oven door too often as this will affect the cooking time.
3. If the roast starts to get too dark, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
4. Letting the roast rest before carving will help the roast retain its juices.