How To Cook Pot Roast In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pot Roast In The Oven.
– 4-5 lb chuck roast
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 large onion, roughly chopped
– 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
– 2 carrots, roughly chopped
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1 cup beef broth
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat.
3. Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper, then add it to the pot and cook for 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
4. Remove the roast from the pot and set aside.
5. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, and tomato paste to the pot, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, and thyme to the pot and stir to combine.
7. Place the roast back in the pot and cover with a lid.
8. Transfer the pot to the preheated oven and cook for 3 to 4 hours, until the roast is tender and easily pulls apart with a fork.
9. Remove the roast from the pot and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
10. Strain the cooking liquid and discard the vegetables.
11. Serve the sliced roast with the strained cooking liquid and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!