How To Cook A Turkey In A Roasting Pan
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Turkey In A Roasting Pan.
1 whole turkey
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey and discard. Rinse the turkey inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Rub the butter and olive oil over the entire turkey. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning over the turkey.
4. Put the roasting pan in the oven and cook the turkey for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 165°F.
5. Once the turkey is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
– To ensure even cooking, make sure to place the roasting pan in the center of the oven.
– To prevent the skin from burning, cover the turkey with aluminum foil for the first hour of cooking.
– To keep the turkey moist, place some vegetables in the bottom of the roasting pan. The vegetables will absorb the fat and juices and keep the turkey moist.
– Check the turkey every 30 minutes to make sure it is not burning. If it is browning too quickly, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.