How To Cook A Prime Rib Roast
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Prime Rib Roast.
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
2. Place the roast on a roasting pan with the rib side down.
3. Rub the roast all over with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Place the roast in the oven and reduce the heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
5. Roast the prime rib for 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium-rare.
6. Remove the roast from the oven and cover with foil. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
7. Carve the roast by slicing across the grain of the meat.
– If you want a well-done roast, cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
– If you don’t have a meat thermometer, insert a sharp knife into the roast and check that the meat is cooked through.
– You can add herbs and spices to the oil and seasonings for extra flavor.
– Add some beef broth to the roasting pan to keep the roast moist while cooking.