Jasmine Rice How To Cook
All you need to know about: Jasmine Rice How To Cook.
How to Cook Perfect Jasmine Rice
Jasmine rice is a fragrant, long-grain variety of rice that is popular in Southeast Asian cuisine. Cooking jasmine rice is much like cooking any other type of rice, but there are a few key points to remember that will help you achieve the best results. This guide will help you make perfect, fluffy jasmine rice every time.
– 2 cups jasmine rice
– 2 1/2 cups water
– 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Start by rinsing the jasmine rice in a fine mesh strainer. Place the rice in the strainer and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear. This will help to wash away excess starch and give you light, fluffy rice.
2. Once the rice has been rinsed, transfer it to a medium saucepan and add the water. If desired, add a teaspoon of salt for added flavor.
3. Place the pot over high heat and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 18-20 minutes. Do not remove the lid during this time.
4. After 18-20 minutes, the rice should be tender and all of the water should be absorbed. Turn off the heat and let the pot sit for 5 minutes with the lid on.
5. After 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Enjoy!
– For best results, use a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
– Do not stir the rice while it is cooking.
– If the rice is not tender after 20 minutes of cooking, add a few tablespoons of water and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
– Serve the rice immediately after cooking for best results.