How To Cook White Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook White Rice.
1 cup long grain white rice
2 cups of water
1. Rinse the rice: Place the rice in a fine mesh sieve and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear. This helps to remove any excess starch and prevents the rice from becoming sticky.
2. Bring the water to a boil: Place the rinsed rice and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce the heat to low: Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a tight fitting lid.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes: Simmer the rice for 15 minutes. Do not lift the lid during this time.
5. Turn off the heat and let the rice rest: Turn off the heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes. Do not lift the lid during this time.
6. Fluff the rice and serve: Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.