How To Cook The Perfect Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook The Perfect Rice.
– 2 cups of long grain white rice
– 4 cups of water
– 2 tablespoons of butter or oil (optional)
– Salt to taste
1. Measure out 2 cups of white long grain rice and rinse it thoroughly in a colander. This removes the excess starch, resulting in a fluffier and less sticky rice.
2. Place the rice, 4 cups of water, butter or oil, and salt in a pot, and bring it to a boil over high heat.
3. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. When the rice is finished cooking, turn off the heat, and let it sit, covered, for 10 minutes. This allows the rice to steam and further absorb the liquid.
5. After the 10 minutes are up, fluff the rice with a fork, and serve.
– Make sure to use a pot with a tight-fitting lid. This will ensure that the steam remains trapped inside, resulting in fluffy and tender rice.
– If the rice is still a bit wet after the 10-minute resting period, simply place the pot back on the stove and let it cook for a few more minutes.
– If you’re looking for a little extra flavor, try adding herbs, spices, or aromatics such as garlic, onion, or bay leaves to the cooking liquid.