How To Cook Sushi Rice Stovetop
All you need to know about: How To Cook Sushi Rice Stovetop.
• 2 cups Japanese short-grain rice
• 2 cups water
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer. Put the rinsed rice in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Pour in the water, cover the pot, and bring the rice to a boil over high heat. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt.
5. Uncover the rice and fluff with a rice paddle or spoon. Drizzle the rice vinegar mixture over the rice and gently fold the mixture into the rice.
6. Serve the sushi rice warm or at room temperature.
• Japanese short-grain rice is the best type of rice to use for sushi.
• The ratio of rice to water is important. For every 1 cup of short-grain rice, use 1 cup of water.
• It is important to let the rice sit for 10 minutes after cooking to allow the steam to finish cooking the rice.
• Rice vinegar is key for making sushi rice. Use unseasoned rice vinegar for the best flavor.