How To Cook Sushi Rice On Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Sushi Rice On Stove.
– 2 cups of sushi rice
– 2 and ¼ cups of cold water
– 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Begin by rinsing the sushi rice in a fine mesh sieve. It is important to rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
2. Place the sushi rice in a medium-sized pot and add the cold water.
3. Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the water to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
7. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and add the vinegar mixture to the pot. Stir until the mixture is evenly distributed.
8. Transfer the cooked sushi rice to a large bowl and let it cool before using.
– Make sure to use sushi rice for this recipe. Do not substitute with regular long grain rice.
– To give the rice a glossy sheen and a slightly sweet flavor, add 1 tablespoon of mirin (rice wine) to the vinegar mixture.
– To give the rice a more savory flavor, add 1 tablespoon of sake to the vinegar mixture.