How To Cook Shrimp Fried Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Shrimp Fried Rice.
Ingredients Needed for Shrimp Fried Rice:
1 ½ cups of long grain white rice
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of frozen shrimp
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
¼ cup of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
Instructions for Shrimp Fried Rice:
1. Begin by rinsing the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Then, place it into a medium pot and cover it with 1 ½ cups of water. Bring the pot to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Allow the rice to simmer for 12 minutes. Once the rice is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and allow the rice to sit for an additional 10 minutes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp, garlic, and ginger. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the cooked rice, frozen peas and carrots, soy sauce, and sesame oil to the skillet. Stir everything together and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve the shrimp fried rice hot and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Making the Best Shrimp Fried Rice:
– If you don’t have frozen shrimp, you can use fresh shrimp instead. Simply cook the shrimp in the skillet before adding the other ingredients.
– If you’d like to add some heat, you can throw in some diced red chili pepper to the mix.
– You can also add in other ingredients such as diced onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms to make this dish more flavorful.
– To make the dish extra flavorful, you can use a combination of sesame oil, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
– Leftover fried rice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave or in a skillet before serving.