How To Cook Rice Stovetop
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rice Stovetop.
– 2 cups of long-grain white rice
– 2¾ cups of water
– 1 tablespoon of butter (optional)
– Salt to taste
1. Measure out the desired amount of rice and place in a medium-sized pot.
2. Rinse the rice by filling the pot with cold water and stirring the grains with your fingers. Pour out the water, and repeat this process two to three times or until the water runs clear.
3. Fill the pot with 2¾ cups of water and add the butter and salt, if desired.
4. Place the pot on a stovetop burner set to high heat.
5. Bring the water to a full boil, uncovered.
6. Once boiling, stir the rice once, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid.
7. Simmer the rice for 18 minutes.
8. After 18 minutes, turn off the heat, but do not remove the lid. Let the rice sit, covered, for an additional five minutes.
9. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve. Enjoy!